Monday, March 28, 2011

Mini Lesson Reflection

"What went well in your teaching? Based on what you learned as an instructor, what changes would you make next time?"

My mini lesson went ok today. I came prepared with the detailed step by step instructions which made the lesson pretty straight-forward. I did not run into any problems with the lesson and everything went fairly smoothly because the website tool is so simple. However, its simplicity was obvious compared to other, more interactive and interesting, mini lessons. Sometimes I get nervous talking in the front of the classroom. With time and experience I do not think I will be so nervous.
Next time I do a similar activity, I will prepare a more interactive and engaging lesson. The lesson I taught today was very simple and to the point. It served a practical purpose but lacked creativity. Also, I will practice my lesson repeatedly to avoid being nervous.

1 comment:

  1. I think the contextual idea was a really good one and grounded in emphasizing usefulnes of the tool. The idea is also supportive as a formative assessment. At one point I wondered why some of the ladies were giggling during the lesson and then figured out that they found the pre-designed examples funny. Try to anticipate language and text that will be disruptive and be prepared with an explanation by incorporating it into the lesson. I have experienced this with teenages and it has really made me feel off for the rest of the lesson. Teenagers are entertained by anything crude. (Just some tips to be aware of.) Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete